The 2019 Chicago Metro Pickleball Summer League is a team format inter club league geared towards the following levels taking place over seven weeks:
All daytime matches will begin at 11am. The reason for the late start is that courts are not available due to local patrons open play early morning hours.
All leagues will run June 10 - July 22 with playoffs the week of July 29. There will be separate geographical regions that will hold their own individual inter club league with those league winners advancing to face other geographical league winners. Once all teams have been submitted, the league administrators (Ken Herrmann, Dana Joseph, Marina Ohlmuller) will place those teams closest to one another geographically. The goal would be to have three geographical regions make - Northern Suburb, Western Suburb and Maggie Dailey (Chicago). If not enough teams enter for various regions, all teams will be placed in one. * There is no league play the entire week of July 4th.
There are 13 players maximum rostered per team. Each team will play 8 players per match fielding Courts 1 - 4 based on strength. All players must be registered and paid in full by June 3. A team is allowed to add players to their roster during the season provided they are not maxed out at 13. If your team is short a player, then it is a default of that court. A player can play up on a different team in a different rated league, but can not play down based on their current rating. There is no limit as to how many leagues a player can play in knowing that that they can only play in one geographical region for one particular team.
1. All players must be current members of CMP
2. Courts will be flighted from 1 - 4 based on strength determined by captain
3. Play will be three games up to 15, win by 1.
4. Each individual game won will result in a point for that team. There will be a total of 12 individual games per dual match. The team that wins the most individual games, wins the dual. If games are tied, than individual points will be used to determine dual winner.
5. All captains are responsible for recording scores into the new league software program which will be implemented mid May. All scores are to be reported 24 hours after the match has been completed. Either captain will be able to record the score of the match.
6. In case of inclimate weather, captains are to reschedule amongst one another, and communicate with CMP administrators so that courts can be reserved.
7. The League will provided all league balls which will be distributed at the CAPTAINS Meeting Saturday May 25 5pm at River Trails Tennis Club. We realize this is Memorial Day Weekend, so if the captain is not able to attend
another representative from the team should be sent. T Shirts for new CMP members will be distributed at this meeting.
CMP has communicated with the following park districts about reserving courts to play team matches.
*CMP will reach out to additional park district sites if there is one that is not listed above that you team would like to play out of. Please make note of this on the submission form below.
COST PER PLAYER:
Current Members of CMP $35
Non-Members must join CMP ($25) and play league fee ($40) total $65
CAPTAINS will be appointed to run each team - not staff of CMP. Individuals interested in captaining a CMP Summer League Team, click here.
Individuals interested in captaining a team must submit their form between April 8 -21. All interested captains will receive email confirmation from CMP, and should start recruiting players for their team(s).
* NOTE: NO MONEY IS DUE AT THIS TIME AS WE ATTEMPT TO FILL YOUR REQUEST(S) FOR TEAM PLACEMENT. ONCE A TEAM HAS BEEN FOUND THAT MEETS YOUR SPECIFICATIONS, PAYMENTS FOR LEAGUE WILL TAKE PLACE STARTING MAY 7. ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE BY JUNE 3 TO GUARANTEE SPOT.