• We will follow state and municipal guidelines in relation to COVID-19. The health and safety of all Chicago Open Pickleball Tournament participants and guests is priority #1.
• We ask that anyone who is at higher risk for severe illness or is feeling unwell, to stay home.
• All participants, event staff and guests will have their temperature checked and fill out a short COVID-19 screening questionnaire along with a waiver at event check-in. Participants, event staff and guests will not be allowed to participate if the questionnaire and waiver are not completed.
• We strongly encourage participants; event staff and guests wear masks and practice social distancing unless actually playing in a match. We will have "COVID-19 Ambassadors" throughout the venue to remind participants of these recommendations.
• We will provide COVID-19 prevention supplies to event staff such as hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, disposable gloves, trash baskets, disposable face masks and cleaners/disinfectants. We still ask that you bring your own when possible.
• We will ensure there are plenty of hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizers in and around the park, particularly high traffic areas.
• We will clean frequently touched surfaces, such as gate entrances. Gates and restroom doors will be propped open in order to minimize contact.
• Signs will be placed around the venue to remind people of social distancing and protective health protocols.
• 6’ of space should be kept between individuals for the entirety of the event, except in cases of participants that are part of the same household. Social distancing markers will be placed 6’ apart in all appropriate areas.
• Participants, event staff and guests will bring their own chairs. Bleachers will not be provided for this event.
• Player snacks will be individually packaged. Please maintain 6’ separation while in line to get snacks.
• Participants and event staff are encouraged to bring their own water/sports drinks. A limited supply of bottled water will be available. Water jugs will not be used.
Players, administrative staff and guests who answer yes to any of the questions below will not be permitted into the player or spectator area.
1. Do you currently have or suspect you have COVID-19?
2. Have you been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient within the past 16-days?
3. Are you exhibiting any of the following symptoms?
- Fever over 100 degrees
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea (unless due to known cause)
4. Have you traveled outside of the U.S. within the last 16 days?
5. Have you had visitors from outside the U.S. within the last 16 days?